Odoo version 11 comes with 31 apps that cover most use cases but they are situations when you will need a feature not offered by these default apps. That’s why you have the Odoo App Store, where you will find all kinds of apps or modules. In this tutorial we will download and install the Database Cleanup module.
- Go to the Odoo App Store.
- Search for the App you want or go directly to Database Cleanup
- Click on the Download the button.
- Unzip the database_cleanup-18.104.22.168.0.zip file and copy the folder in the odoo/addons/ directory.
- Stop ( Ctrl+c ) and restart the Odoo server ( ./odoo-bin )
- Go to http://localhost:8069/
- Activate Developer mode by going to Settings > Dashboard. Click on the Activate Developer mode link.
The left sidebar should be updated like this:
Click on “Update Apps List” to update the List.
The newly added module will not appear immediately in the Apps list.
To find it, search it in the search bar as below.
We are not able to find the module. The reason for this is because we are using the “Apps” filter in the search bar. Database Cleanup is a module, and not an app. Remove the filter and search again.
Now, you can click on the Install button to install the newly added module.